Eric Sembrat (he, him, his) leads web development at the Georgia Institute of Technology as a Web Manager for the College of Engineering. Eric’s work spearheads campus- and college-level initiatives including a 800+ website WordPress multisite installation, a thriving web development users group and community, and exploration of new avenues and opportunities to expand web for campus users.
One of Eric’s areas of focus is leadership and logistics, and he strives to build community and direction throughout organizations.
- Serves on the leadership committee for the Georgia Tech Drupal Users Group
- Represents on the steering committee for WPCampus
- Co-Leads WPCampus Online
- Serves as a track chair for the Drupal Association for DrupalCon North America
- Led the Atlanta Drupal Users Group for three years (2014-2017)
- Founded, Leads the USG Web Tech organization
Education and professional growth is of upmost importance, especially working in higher-education. Eric attended the Georgia Institute of Technology for his Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, then received his Master’s of Science in Information System from Kennesaw State University, also completing a certificate in Leadership.
Eric is currently enrolled at Georgia State University in the Learning Technologies doctoral program. Eric’s research is in the area of design-based research – specifically, on how application development is conducted and mediated through a research project.